Friday, June 30, 2006

Just bl**dy piss!

I could be referring to a few things but I'm not,

It could be my new job, admittedly I've been at it for almost three weeks now I still don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. I know I'm the marketing manager for the premium product ranges in Asia but as to day to day deliverables, really not so sure. I tried asking my boss but he didn't seem to know, he asked the chairwoman but alas she was equally in the dark so I guess I'll just have to blag it, but everyone’s really nice and I've been given a laptop and mobile so can't complain.

Some doubters may say the mighty mighty England aren't doing there job but they'd be wrong. They keep winning at the world cup and therefore are still keeping me up until the early hours and all without wasting an ounce of effort. And me playing isn't a problem either, admittedly my team is still useless however, last Saturday I’m proud to say, as one of two gwylows on the pitch (I took Sean along) I scored not one but two 'special' goals in the 35 degree heat.

And the couple of boat trips I was 'forced' into taking recently, one on a junk with a giant yellow (inflatable) octopus for Travis's birthday (highly entertaining and involved lots of drinking and lots of jumping, diving and flipping, happy days), and a second, a day on Harvey's speed boat - The Beast (really, it has two massive 250 engines, to put that into perspective we sped past a police speed boat that bragged 2 x 90, really, its a beast). Admittedly not a relaxing ride but the only way to tour the New Territories .... do I know the right people or what! I really really can't complain.

However none of that is very important when you wake up with wrinkled fingers and toes having been sweating profusely all night (nice), having felt sh*t for a couple of days and you go to the bathroom and you piss blood!

Sorry to just drop that in there but the title should of warned you. Needless to say I was a little concerned, especially as I've not health insurance (d'oh!). I’ll ease your worries immediately, don't worry, I’m still alive!

After the initial shock and then a few hours in work (I had to blag a presentation to chairwoman, brilliant, haha) and then a little over 7 hours in A&E my guess that I'd given myself heat exhaustion (actually verging on heat stroke apparently) was confirmed and I'd not managed to get some evil STD version of the immaculate conception so all is good again. On the down side I’ve been advised not to drink for a while and I’ve now taken my first ever sick day. On the up side I've vowed never ever be sick again, having tried it I can now safely say it stinks!

So, no drink until the world cup final weekend, I can think of worse ways of celebrating being able to drink again than the Mighty might England bringing it home!

Laters

JP


PS. Thanks for the second opinion Jane, who needs insurance when I have you!


Jonathan
Ultra Group
Causeway Bay
HK