Saturday, April 30, 2005

Moving On

Oh yes it is time, plans are afoot and this is likely to be the last e-mail I'll be sending form Sydney. I've been crowned king of death by selling more useless death insurance than you can shake a stick at (that's a lot by the way) and done all this great city has to offer at least twice so it's time to move on and I fly to Tasmania next Thursday.

I've been rather busy since my last e-mail but I'll try to stick to the highlights...

Firstly, a word of warning, kerosene tastes crap and the flavour is virtually impossible to get out of your mouth. However, fire eating at 3 in the morning on Bondi Beach is brilliant, as is playing with flaming poi. Admittedly the black streaks all over your body when you come round the next morning look a little alarming but no permanent damage done!

On top of a few quiet drinks in and around Bondi I've escaped the city a few times in the last month. A few weekends ago I returned to the Blue Mountains with my current housemates, very nice and chilled (house mates and Blue Mountains). Amongst other things we climbed down the "giant Steps" then unfortunately had to climb up an equally massive route out (should've foreseen that one really shouldn't I, d'oh!), rode the scene-ascender (cable car with lots of glass walls) and drank more Tooheys Old than we might of in a successful attempt to get free stubby holders (foam can holders, keeps the beer cold and hands warm, genius!).

My other recent escape was with my old flatmates to The Entrance, a rather pleasant spot on the Central Coast an hour or two north of Sydney. Also very nice though somewhat less chilled involving a combination of drinking games and roller skating. I also almost decapitated someone with a cricket bat and did a little fishing (there's some debate on this but I definitely caught the fish of the day!)

In news from home, congratulations to Ben for defeating the London Marathon. I've not had the full story but rumour has it that he was so quick that young Ms Radcliff was so worried by his competition that she s**t herself, not sure it can be true but apparently there are pictures to back it up!

Before I could say goodbye to Sydney I have had hopefully my final run in with its criminal element. Some little bugger of a convict stole my mail, would you believe it, if only I could've caught them it would almost of been worth having them take it but ....

So it would seem it is time to go, I've had loads of visitors that its been my pleasure to give a guided tour (of sorts) to. As I said I fly to Tasmania v. soon, then on to Adelaide and the long drive back to Perth across the Great Australian Bight and along the longest straight section of road in the world, crazy days!

Looks like I'll be back in the UK some time before the middle of October but lots of mile to cover between now and then.


Bye for now,

Jonathan
Bondi
SydneyOz