Monday, February 05, 2007

so close but ...

How often do you get a text message asking for "ugly sex", though I'm not 100% sure what it is, not often enough is probably the answer but that’s the text I thought I’d received a few weeks ago! On re-reading it and noticing who it was from and realised it was a foreign reversal of the of “the fairer sex”, a phrase I'd recently used but still, for a while there I thought I may be in love....

After too long I’m pleased to announce I have a new food to report on - turtle shell. The reason I was eating turtle shell goo was that it’s apparently good for all that ails and as I’m on crutches (another story) the lads in the office thought it a good plan. In the name of experimentation and adventureI gave it a go – it’s been a quiet month - but have to say I’m not convinced, no gastric or medicinal benefits were felt!

In other news, I'm undefeated on the footie pitch in ’07 but my rugby team is still without a win, I’ve enjoyed celebrating as the Mighty Mighty England have hopefully come through the bad times with wins at both cricket and rugby and I’ve been looking after the mutt (Sean’s dog Sonny) for what feels like forever (in reality 16 day).

Apparently I’m too old be playing rugby, at least that’s what the people in the are saying. I’m not sure but this could be due to the shiner I was sporting a couple of weeks ago, or the strapping on my knee, or maybe the crutches I’ve been limping around on for the last week!

I actually blame the mutt for the crutches, although I’d damaged my ankle on the pitch it was Sonny dragging me over on it that sent me to A&E. On the bright side I got to impress people in the hospital with my wheelchair wheelie skills and now own crutches to go with my wheel chair. They offered me a zimmer-frame originally but I felt that was pushing it a bit too far!

Other than that its been a fairly quiet month, the fun fair was in town so I’ve now ridden a big dipper with views of the fragrant harbour (Hong Kong’s literal translation) and there’s been the usual mix of birthdays, horseracing, housewarmings and just spending of my hard earned beer tokens. February looks set to be a little more stressful but we’ll see ….

Laters

JP